Friday, December 28, 2012

Clean eating: Smoothie (part 6)



Hi guys, 

Hope you've recovered from all the eating on Christmas. I returned to work today, whoo-eh! 800 emails in my inbox, I thought I would die. Why didn't Santa bring me a nice-looking secretary for Christmas? I'm dissapointed.

I started this morning with a lean ham omelette and this smoothie. I added this picture (and recipe) to my Instagram, and people seemed to love it! Now I want to share this with a bigger audience. (by the way, my instagram account is @pug_a_licious. Follow me for new recipes (and "pugstagram" pictures, ha-ha).


https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=f15647495c&view=att&th=13be1471f7b8ce1d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-wJEJDj6JXmuQTmwv1somQ&sadet=1356694325294&sads=G-fORkflTr9eUCO0HNa4IckY6Lw&sadssc=1

Clean eating: Mango and blueberry smoothie
(serves 4)

Ingredients
1 cup diced mango (fresh or frozen)
½ cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 tbsp maca
1 tbsp lucuma
1 tbsp Opti-MSM
1 tsp spirulina
1-2 cups water

1. Place all the ingredients in a mixer and blend until smooth.
2. Adjust the consistency of the smoothie by adding more water - the smoothie should be drinkable :)
3. Pour in medium to tall glasses - enjoy!

Tip #1: You don't need to use "superpowders" at all - just blend the fruits and berries together for a nutritious smoothie.
Tip #2: In case you want to start using superfoods, start off with one powder. I'd recommend maca for a start - I use lucuma to balance the bitter taste.

I challenge you to try this one out - let me know what you think!

/Ulrika

1 comment: