I plan most my meals on Sundays and prepare most of them on Sunday nights or on a Monday morning before work. This is one of my favourite lunches, because it's super-easy to cook in bulk! You could easily cook 6 chicken legs at once, because they stay perfectly well in the fridge for 5-7 days. Freezing the cooked chicken is always an option.
This meal takes about 5 minutes to prepare, plus the 50-60 minutes it bakes in the oven.
Quick and easy - what's not to love?
Clean eating: Lemon chicken
3 chicken legs, lightly salted
1 tbsp sage
1 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Cut the lemon in thin slices (appr. 1 cm thick).
3. Place the chicken legs in a large oven-proof bowl. Spice the legs with sage, rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. (I, personally, don't need any extra salt or pepper)
4. Place the lemon slices between and around the chicken legs and drizzle some olive oil on top.
5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, until the chicken legs are golden brown and the meat comes easily off the bones.
6. Enjoy with clean eating sweet potato chips, quinoa or fresh salad.
Tip #1: Use different citrus fruits. Oranges, lemons and limes are great with chicken!
Tip #2: Bake a few potatoes, carrots or sweet potatoes with the chicken - lemon and potato is a great combo.
Tip #3: Use duck, goose or different forms of poultry for new flavors.
Let me know what you think!