|Picture source: FitFemmes|
What should I do to get a tighter bum and toned thighs?
I'm going to share my favourite glute workout with you guys. Here goes:
Warm up for 5-10 minutes on the treadmill, stairclimber or any cardio machine of your choice.
1a. Wide squat (smith or barbell)
1b. Bench rise with dumbbells
2a. Vertical press (or leg press)
3a. Cable hip extension
3b. Cross back lunge (barbell or dumbbells)
4a. Lying knee flexion
4b. Box jump (or stair jump)
A few tips for your workout:
1. Do 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. Make sure you use big weights ! No challenge, no changes.
2. Try to take as few breaks as possible. This workout is designed to do in supersets. It means that you should do your 1as paired with 1b's (etc), no breaks in between sets! Do each set with full control, even though it's tough. Fight through the pain :)
3. Focus on your glutes in every move! Squeeze at the top of every exercise and push through the heels in all lunges, kickbacks, squats, etc.
4. Train your booty 1-2 times a week. If you're going with two workouts a week, make sure to leave a few days between workouts. Spreading out your workouts will give your glutes time to heal and plump up. Don't be afraid to go heavy with the weight; when trying to build muscle heavy is the way to go!
5. Cardio and diet are of course very important in our search of the perfect booty. Don't underestimate the power of the gym. You should definitely do muscle building workouts even though you're dieting. Dieting without weightlifting can cause your booty to shrink and flatten. You want your bum to be round and tight, right?
Have a kickass Monday,